September 6, 2010

Laundry Room Completion

WOW, the day has finally come- We finished the Laundry Room! All it took was one rainy long weekend day to finally grab a chance to pull it all together!!

Are you ready for my VERY FIRST Before and After Reveal!!!! YAY!! 

Okay,

Ready?

We went from THIS:


To....

Drum Roll Please.


THIS....................................................................................................................................!!!!




Exciting right?!

It took a while to get here, but I am SO excited to have the Laundry Room Finished. The biggest battle I faced with this project was the wall colour. You may have noticed through my progress, that the wall colour (the creamy-beige stripe) was coming across quite pink once all was said and done.

** That was one of the lessons I learned on this project: Colour Matching- Even though you take the chip in to get "colour-matched", the end result doesn't always come out that way. **

Because the base tone of the wallpaper was such a strong pink, it's all that came through when I had it colour-matched. I wanted the stripe to be more beige, but, C'est La Vie. Once Plan A didn't work out, I figured out Plan B- and I have to say, I think the end result actually turned out better then the initial idea!

I decided to pull from the silver of the washing machine and  the silver flower stems of the wallpaper to tie the two room together. I love how it turned out- The Powder Room ooozes Feminine Chic, and the adjoining Laundry Room balances it, by having just a touch of Masculine Charm. Exactly how I feel our Home Lives and Breathes.... a perfect balance of He and She.


The adjoining wallpapered bathroom is nearly done... that reveal to come soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails