July 7, 2010

Back to Work

Bob Porter: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
Peter Gibbons: I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob. 

Well the holidays have ended and it's back to work for me!! 
My work week started off fresh and fabulous at my new job!! I have a new office to commute to, a new workstation and new colleagues- lots and lots to adjust to to say the least!
I've been away from the blog-o-sphere for a week and a half so have a LOT to catch up on and lots to let you in on... including some home office updates and ideas: 

The paint has been changed- from a beige tone:


To a soft grey:


We also added Ikea bookshelves for extra storage for all my books and design samples!! They came from the basement of our house as we couldn't find a home for them when we moved in, so they cost us nothing to update the office!! We're going to put our homemade desk in between the bookshelves to give me lots of workspace and a nice view outside so I can come up with all my brilliant ideas (lol)


The plan to place the desk under the window stemmed from tons of images in my head. Most notably watching Carrie stare out her apartment window contemplating relationships and life in Sex and the City....



Or the classic Life photo of Lucy Johnson sitting in the West Bedroom of the White House writing at the window:


More updates of office progress and inspiration to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails